Friends, in case you haven’t heard—my new Christmas novella SNOW GLOBE SECRETS is here! It was released this month and is book-baby number 10 for me (which is CRAZY!), but the thrill of a brand-new book in the world never gets old. So, grab a hot chocolate or a peppermint mocha and cozy up while we talk all things behind the scenes in Snow Globe Secrets…
Shootings. Snow globes. Secrets.
When successful realtor, Alexis James, witnesses a shooting outside the bookstore in her hometown of Hollybrook, she soon realizes the perpetrator has unfinished business, and now she is caught in the crossfire.
Tom Harrington is a British, best-selling author who needs to honor a promise and find some answers in this Canadian winter wonderland—but trouble follows him across the ocean.
He read her like a book from the beginning…
As Alexis is swept up in a festive whirlwind of danger and love, Tom attempts to break through her ice queen persona. But when chilling walls close in, they both have to decide: can they share their truth, rekindle their faith, and risk their lives if they have any hope for a Happily Ever After?
- I love being able to write novels in a series with the option of being read as stand-alone titles. Snow Goble Secrets is exactly that— it’s part of my “Flight to Freedom” series published by Anaiah Press, and it’s the follow-up from The Christmas Cabin, the award-winning novella published last year.
- If you read The Christmas Cabin, you may wonder why I decided to write another Christmas novella. The truth is, I adore writing about this specific season, and being able to set it in the winter wonderland of my home province of beautiful British Columbia is a particular joy. Also, I felt there was more to be said… Alexis James was the somewhat frosty big sister in the previous book and I wanted the chance to see her vulnerable side and share her story with some trademark romance and danger!
- This was a FAST book! I wrote it in January, revised it in February with the help of my amazing critique partner, author Blossom Turner, and then sent it off to my publisher in March. Boom.
- This is the sad part… In the previous novella, I featured our English bulldog, Lily, as Alexis’s beloved pet, so she had every right to be included in this book, too. Unfortunately, we lost our dear Lily in April at the grand old age of 12, which is why I chose to dedicate this novella to her memory. 😢
- When I’m planning a story, I love all the visuals for inspiration and to keep me on track. Pinterest is my best friend in this regard, and if you’re interested, you can check out some of the images I selected for this particular novella HERE.
- The ebook is super handy and I love that we can download it instantly, but the paperbacks are now available—perfect for a stocking stuffer. I just received the first one while waiting for my author copies, and I’m a little giddy. She’s gorgeous:
- Who would enjoy reading Snow Globe Secrets? Anyone who likes reading about bookstores, Christmastime, bookish people, page-turning suspense, intriguing love stories, winter wonderlands, writers, happily ever after’s, sisters, faith, and maybe snow globes!
The kindest reviews are coming in:
“Much like Laura’s other books in the Flight to Freedom series it was a total page turner! Each chapter leaving me thirsty for more…”
“This is more than a Christmas romance. The story has depth and mystery to boot with a wonderful message of restored faith.”
“…you will be wrapped up in the story and won’t be able to put the book down. Definitely a must read this holiday season.”
- To finish, here’s the book trailer to put you in the mood for a mystery and mistletoe combo with all the festive feels:
Thanks for allowing me to chat with you about this new little novella. If you do decide to snag a copy for yourself or as a Christmas gift, THANK YOU SO MUCH. The links are HERE. (P.S. The cherry on top for an author is when a reader leaves a short review on Amazon, Goodreads, or anywhere else.)
As with all my writing, I have to give God all the glory! I’m a humble word-lover with a passion for sharing heartwarming encouragement through my books. I just keep listening, paying attention, and writing the words…
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments—or drop a Christmas book title that you think we may enjoy, too!
P.S. If you haven’t signed up for my free monthly newsletter, we’d love you to join us! Book giveaways, baking recipes, reading recommendations, and soul encouragement—plus freebies for subscribing HERE!
Linking up with some fabulous encouragers… check them out: