WRITING COACHING SESSIONS WITH LAURA
As a hope*writers certified coach, my writing coaching packages are now available!
Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned writer, focusing on fiction or nonfiction, if you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or frustrated—I would love the opportunity to work with you and help navigate your writing journey with courage, confidence, and clarity…
My 50-minute coaching sessions are one-on-one over Zoom and clients have the option of bronze, silver, or gold packages. Check out the details below!
How to begin? Book a FREE DISCOVERY CALL with me on Zoom, where we’ll chat for 20 minutes about your writing goals, questions, struggles, and what success looks like for you:
LAURA’S COACHING PHILOSOPHY…
The perceived glamorous lifestyle of a writer—penning a perfect manuscript while sipping a cappuccino with author friends outside a Parisian café—is both delightful and delusional! In reality, the writer’s solitary existence can be fraught with frustration, failure, and fear…
The good news? There is a literary lifeline available in the form of your writing coach, whether you need help finding courage to achieve goals, confidence in who you are as a writer, or clarity for your next right step.
I’m a hope*writers certified writing coach with extensive writing experience as a traditionally published, multi-genre Christian author. I write “heartwarming encouragement for your soul” in my fiction books, devotions, articles, and stories.
I am passionate about encouraging writers to share their message in both fiction and non-fiction, utilizing the following values:
- Encouragement—as your enthusiastic cheerleader, I will help you seek out the best path toward your goal, one positive step at a time
- Empowerment—every written word we share requires courage, and I will champion you in gaining confidence to believe your words matter
- Empathy—as a fellow writer in the trenches, I will be your compassionate companion and will treat you with respect and kindness
As my one-on-one client, you can think of me as a writerly guide with a goal of seeing you advance from stuck to un-stuck; from where you are struggling now to where you ultimately want to be. In each session, together we will:
- Explore your unique problems
- Seek alternative actions and navigate potential obstacles
- Create a doable “next right step” to help you accomplish your desired goal
And so, dear writer, if you need a safe place and an honest guide to help navigate your writing journey with courage, confidence, and clarity—let’s talk coaching!
LET’S TALK NUMBERS…
WHAT LAURA’S CLIENTS ARE SAYING…
Laura Thomas is a bright light in the often-arduous journey of writing and publishing a book. Every session with her provided the motivation and optimism I needed to keep moving forward. She also contains a wealth of knowledge and will point you to the best resources no matter what roadblock you hit. I can’t recommend her enough as a coach!
Laura has been absolutely amazing in guiding me on my writing journey. I was pleased with her knowledge and her ability in helping me to organize my thoughts and ideas. Her approach and style towards creating an achievable plan, kept me from feeling overwhelmed and as a busy mom of two, I appreciated this so much. Laura is professional, warm, patient and kind. I enjoyed working with her so much! I could not recommend a better writing coach and I look forward to working with her again this year!
For years, I’ve struggled to take my writing from a casual hobby to a serious career. Within a few sessions, Laura had helped me filter through several ideas and find direction for my next project. Her encouragement and practical guidance gave me the confidence and tools to take my practice to the next level.
WHY CHOOSE LAURA?
Laura’s writing experience includes:
- 3 Christian romantic suspense novels
- 3 Christian teen fiction novels
- Middle-grade short novel
- Non-fiction marriage book
- Picture book manuscripts
- Over 100 Bible devotions published for all ages
- Short stories, articles, blog posts, and more
- Writing presentations and workshops
- I’m a member of hope*writers—can you coach me?
- YES, absolutely! But you’ll need to go through hope*writers HERE and select me as your coach.
- Can you edit my manuscript for me?
- Coaching is not editing… but I can help YOU edit your own work, offer you separate non-coaching manuscript evaluation or editing services, or recommend a fellow professional.
- What experience do you have with different genres? I want an expert to coach me!
- I write for adults, teens, middle-grade, young children, fiction, nonfiction, devotions, blogs, stories, articles—but my aim in coaching is to show you that the expert in your own personal writing journey is YOU! I’m here to guide you along the path to achieving your goals.
- How do I know we’ll be a good fit as client and coach?
- So glad you asked… go ahead and book a FREE 20-minute Zoom session and we’ll find out!